GDPR Privacy Notice
GDPR Privacy Notice
- Scallywags School for Dogs is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy.
- This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from or about you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation [the GDPR], the data controller is Claire White-French.
- We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check back regularly to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
- Data Protection Contact
- The contact details for any data protection queries are as follows:
- Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6. Kept securely.
- Particulars of processing
- We process personal data about our clients in order to offer suitable training opportunities for their dogs.
- Your rights as a data subject
- The General Data Protection Regulation provides the following rights (subject to some exemptions):
- The right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to request erasure of the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to request restriction of processing about you;
- The right to object to processing; and
- The right to data portability.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Controller at the details above.
- How we will use information about you
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to.
1. Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you or provide information on any services we offer which we feel will benefit you.
2. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
3. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
1. Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
2. Where it is needed in the public interest [or for official purposes].
6.1 We will generally process your personal data for contractual necessity in providing services and events. We may also use personal information for additional relevant and related purposes where you might reasonably expect us to do so, where the benefits of doing so are not outweighed by your own interests or fundamental rights or freedoms. This may include:
- To maintain our records and other administrative purposes, including updating your details and preferences:
- To assist with queries, complaints and dispute resolution;
- For communications related to new training opportunities, or any contact with regards to canine health
- Recipients of Data
7.1 We do not disclose data to any third parties unless you request that we do so, and request being made in writing.
- Contact details
- Please contact Scallywags School for Dogs if you have any questions or concerns about personal data and privacy matters.
We also process personal data for the Club/Society’s legitimate interests as we have outlined in the main Privacy Notice (paragraph 6.1). Please be assured that we will always take account of your personal data rights in doing so.
Where do we obtain your personal data from?
Most of the above personal data is received direct from you.
How long do we hold your personal data for?
Personal data will be retained in accordance with statutory requirements and will not exceed 7 years unless there is a reason to do so.
Are you obliged to provide us with your personal data?
You are not obliged to provide the personal data in question. However, if you do not provide the personal data, we will be unable to perform any contract we have with you for the provision of training.